Aircraft Leasing & Financing
Kaplan & Stratton has a wide range of experience in the field of corporate law relating specifically to international funding, aviation law and aircraft finance. We represent leasing companies, banks and air carriers in such financings. Our core team is also experienced in representing leasing companies, banks and other lenders in equipment leasing, project finance, acquisition financing, letters of credit and other financings generally.
The firm has been involved in some of the largest and most complex aircraft leasing and financing transactions in the country.
- We acted in a USD 2 billion pre-delivery and delivery financing for Kenya Airways Limited of 10 Embraer E-190 aircraft, 9 Boeing 787 aircraft and 1 Boeing 777 aircraft.
- Advising Kenya Airways on the acquisition, leasing and financing of most of its fleet of aircraft.
- Advising AerGo Capital on the financing and leasing aspects of several aircraft to local airline operators.
- Air Kenya – General advise on civil aviation laws in Kenya.
- We advise the following clients on various aspects of international aviation law, Kenya civil aviation law, aircraft leasing and mortgaging and so on: Ansett Worldwide Aviation, Condor, European Capital Corporation, GE Capital Aviation, Raytheon Aircraft, Volga Atlantic Airlines.