Real Estate & Property Management
Kaplan & Stratton has a full service property department specialising in commercial property and conveyancing. We focus on development, investment planning and real estate dispute resolution providing advice across the full spectrum of the commercial and residential property industry.
Over the years, the firm has gained a reputation for executing the largest and most complex real estate deals with accuracy and speed – many of which are the first of their kind.
We act for institutional investors (including pension funds, life companies and a wide variety of other institutions), for overseas investors, and for property companies in all aspects of property investment (both direct and indirect).
We are recognised as one of the leading Real Estate practices in Kenya by Chambers Global.
- Acted for IBRD and IFC (World Bank) in the acquisition of its Nairobi headquarters. This included property due diligence and legal advice on building contract and sale contract.
- Acted for Sangare Ranch in the development of a conservation cum housing project covering tax advice, corporate structuring and all conveyancing aspects.
- Acted for Dominion Farms in preparing leases and conducting negotiations on its behalf with the Government of Kenya and two county councils for the establishment and investment of a USD15 million farming project.
- We Acted for VTTI Kenya Limited, Mombasa in the purchase of an Oil Terminal and all related facilities.
- We acted for Africa Reit Limited in the development of residential flats and apartments. The developments were undertaken on freehold titles prior to the promulgation of the new constitution that now restricts freehold ownership to Kenyan citizens. We therefore devised leasehold and license arrangements of ownership for non-Kenyans while preserving freehold tenure for Kenyans.
- Acted for the Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme Registered Trustees in the development of 39 high end residential houses.
- We advised Flora & Fauna International on the purchase of Ol Pejeta and Sweetwaters Ranches from Lonrho Africa plc.
- We acted in the development of Littlewoods residential apartments – Property due diligence, legal advice on development and sale of residential units.
- We advised on the establishment of Kenya’s first Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Acted for Hardy Manor; Hello Properties Dev. Co. – Company Structuring, subdivision and financing of development and sale of high quality residential houses.
- Acted for Delamere Estates – Restructuring of company assets including selling of land, leasing of land for tourist tented camps, lodge sites; and commercial businesses including the establishment of a wildlife conservancy.
- Acted in the proposed development of over 200 high quality residential apartments located in Nairobi.
- Acted for the Nairobi Business Park – Commonwealth Development Corporation on the development of office blocks.
- Acted for Kizingoni Beach Limited in the subdivision, consolidation of titles and sale of ten high quality beach houses.
- Acted for Mukima Ridge – advice on the acquisition, amalgamation of 141 acres of land in Laikipia and the subsequent subdivision of the land, development and sale of several class residential houses by way of sale of the shares in the respective land holding companies.