Pro Bono & CSR
Kaplan & Stratton’s CSR programme is shaped by our values and is built on concepts embedded in the culture of this firm. The programme reflects a true picture of our ethics and values. We also believe our programme enhances our awareness of the wider ethical, environmental and economic climate in which we operate. We believe in taking a broader view of our responsibilities and of our influence on sustainable development, the environment and local communities.
To this end, we support several programmes including:
- Contributions towards the welfare of internally displaced persons (IDPs) with respect to disasters and other emergencies.
- Sponsoring moot court competitions and the development of advocacy skills by supporting institutions such as the University of Nairobi and Strathmore University.
- Supporting HIV/AIDS awareness programmes and conservation programmes.
- Supporting wildlife and environmental conservation programmes such as The Rhino Charge for conservation of the Aberdare Ecosystem, the Ngong Road Forest Sanctuary and the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.
- Ngong Forest Tree Planting
We are also members Trust Law Connect a global pro bono service association established by the Thomas Reuters Foundation that connects the best law firms and corporate legal teams around the world with NGOs and social enterprises in need of free legal assistance.