- Law Society of Kenya
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- University of Leeds – LLM in Criminal Law
- University of Leeds – Business and Management (Diploma)
- University of Manchester- LLB (Hons)
Anne joined Kaplan & Stratton in 2007 and is now a Senior Associate in the Corporate/Commercial department. Anne specializes in Private Client work and offers comprehensive advice and a high level of client care on all aspects of creation of trusts, wills and administration of estates. Since joining the firm Anne has gained invaluable experience in private client work and is now the lead associate in this department.
Anne’s work also entails advising clients on real estate and property matters and preparing documentation for various property acquisitions and disposals. She also advises and assists local and international clients with business and Trusts establishment in Kenya.
Anne’s client portfolio comprises of local and overseas high net worth individuals and families, local and international corporate clients and not for profit organizations.
- Individual clients-offering tailor made advice on estate planning. Advice includes restructuring of family owned companies and working with oversees firms in order to set up offshore trusts.
- Currently assisting three Kenyan families with administration of estates worth over fifty billion Kenya Shillings. Advice include:
- Assisting with applications for Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration Intestate;
- Making special applications in court such as exemptions from listing estate assets which safeguards the family’s wealth from public scrutiny and unscrupulous third parties;
- Guiding executors/administrators on their duties and powers;
- Advising on re-organization of family owned companies;
- Advising on succession structures such as establishing local or foreign trusts so that the wealth earned can be secured for second and third generations; and
- Advising on tenancy agreements and agreements for sale.
- Currently advising a Swedish and a Swiss family on all aspects regarding contentious Reseal of Grants of Probate.
- Currently advising a Kenyan family with regard to a contested estate. Advice includes defending the estate against claims from a divorced spouse and third parties.
- Individual Client who owns properties in the Central Business District- Advice includes- Property due diligence, preparation of commercial leases, consolidation of titles and various transaction documents.
- Individual Client –Project structuring, due diligence and transaction documents for developments of 10 high class residential Houses in Nyeri for sale by way of long term leases.
- Individual Clients- Advising on setting up charitable trusts – Advice includes preparation of tailor made trust documents, advice on tax exemptions, acquisition of land, carrying out due diligence and preparing documentation for property acquisitions.
- Established and registered Foundation for Youth Cricket and Education in Kenya Trust (FYCEK Trust).
- Current member of the Kenya Law Society Gender Committee (2014/2015) – Reviewing laws and policies on gender issues such as The Two-Third Gender Rule Laws (Amendment Bill) 2015 and National Police Service Kenya Gender Mainstreaming Policy and making recommendations.
- A member of the Working Committee of the Family Division Court 2011/2012 -Advising on family law issues and making recommendations on the workings of the family law court division.