- Email: AGakuru@kapstrat.com
- Position: Senior Associate
- Law Society of Kenya
- Advocate – High Court of Kenya
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- Moi University – LLB Honours
Anthony is a senior associate in the Corporate/Commercial department. He advises clients on a wide range of corporate/commercial matters ranging from conducting legal due diligences and forensics; advising and preparing documentation for mergers, joint ventures and acquisitions; capital markets, telecommunications and advising and assisting clients with business establishment in Kenya.
- Acted for Norfund and Norfinance in their USD 250 million investment in Equity Bank Limited (NSE listed) with operations in greater Eastern Africa
- Advising Prudential plc on its acquisition of Shield Assurance, the first ever 100% acquisition of a licensed insurance company by a foreign entity
- Advising Victoria Commercial Bank in a KES 1,100,000,000 capital raising including a rights issue, private placement, ESOP issue and a bonus issue.
- Advising NSE listed I&M Holdings on its Rights Issue, ESOP Issue and Additional Issue of shares to a significant shareholder
- Advising DEG in its multimillion dollar investment in the supranational PTA Reinsurance Company (ZEP-RE)
- Advising CCI Global Mauritius on the acquisition of Direct Channel Simbatech Kenya Limited
- Local counsel to Norfund in relation to its equity and debt investment in FiT Mauritius
- Advised Mayfox Mining Company Limited in its acquisition of gold prospecting mining licences from Apex Africa Resources Limited
- Advising in joint venture and technology interconnection agreements relating to Sema Mobile Service Limited
- Advising Azimuth Holdings Limited on its solar photovoltaic generation equipment leasing and power purchase agreement
- Local counsel to Wren House Infrastructure Management Limited, a subsidiary of the Kuwait Investment Authority in its USD 550 million acquisition of 25% of Global Power Generation S.A.U, the global power generation arm of Gas Naturale Fenosa
- Local counsel to Caterpillar Inc. and Prelude Ventures LLC in their investment in Powerhive Inc.
- Local counsel to DoB Equity in its private equity investment in Copia Global
- Acted in the financing of PTA Bank in a USD 300,000,000 syndicated term loan facility
- Providing Kenya law regulatory and compliance advice to Samsung Electronics