- Law Society of Kenya
- Member Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIarb) 2007.
- High Court of Kenya 2003
- University of Nairobi Masters in Law (Hons)
- Member Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Diploma Kenya School of Law
- University of Nairobi Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Upper Second Class Honours)
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa Bachelors in Social Sciences (First Class Honours)
Cosima Wetende is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, admitted in 2003. Her main areas of practice are civil litigation, arbitration and mediation in the following areas: commercial law, employment law, construction, debt collection, defamation, land disputes, intellectual property, banking and industrial accident claims. Ms. Wetende handles matters in the Court of Appeal, the High Court and subordinate courts and has acted as legal counsel in various arbitrations and mediations.
- Team member major fraud case by employees of hotel on behalf of an International Hotel chain – value Kshs. 90 Million – approximately US$ 1.4 million. Successfully obtained a conviction.
- Team member due diligence exercises and legal audits on both domestic and international transactions involving banks, telecommunications and petroleum companies.
- Team member various enforcement of securities on behalf of major international and local lenders/banks.
- Defence team member for an international Audit firm in a class action suit filed by depositors of a collapsed bank for Kshs. 2.6 billion – approximately US$ 40 Million.
- Defence team member in a suit filed against an international Non Governmental Agency for payment of a debt of US $ 574,315.
- Various advice and legal actions for protection of trade marks and copyrights including actions for infringement.
- Various advice and legal actions relating to Kenyan employment law including termination, dismissal, work injury and restrictive practices.
- Various land disputes including claims for adverse possession, illegal allocation and fraud.
- Various advice and legal representation relating to restrictive trade practices and competition law.
- Team member advisory services on Kenyan Law for international law firm in a United States Class Action suit relating to allegations of breach of international human rights.
- Defence team member in cases involving numerous insurance claims arising from damage to property resulting from the terrorist bomb attack of 1998.
- Team member advice to a client engaged in international tourism on enforcement options relating to damages for breach of contract of approximately US$ 3,000,000
- Team member international petroleum trade dispute involving claim for US$ 350,000.
- Defence team member in a major international construction arbitration value US$1,408,510.68.