- Law Society of Kenya
- International Bar Association
- Fellow – The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Kenya Branch)
- Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya.
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- University of Nairobi Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Upper Second Class Honours)
Esther Kinyenje is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. Her main areas of practice are civil litigation, arbitration and mediation in the following areas: commercial law, competition, environmental law, intellectual property, employment matters, construction, administrative and public law, private and public international law claims, product liability, insolvencies and receiverships & security realization. Esther handles matters in all the 3 court categories and also acts as counsel and arbitrator in various commercial arbitrations.
- Successfully defended a class action suit by former employees of Unilever Kenya claiming approximately USD 4,200,000;
- Advisory services on debt recovery/insolvency options for an international financier(OPIC) and successfully opposed debtor’s injunction application – amount owed over USD 5,000,000;
- Successfully represented James Finlay & Sotik Tea in a judicial review claim for USD 14,000,000.
- Successfully defended a Government parastatal in a complex arbitration claim for approximately USD 4,600,000 in respect of a claim by contractors for the construction of a housing estate;
- Successfully defended a class action employment suit against a Government parastatal (KPA) for K.shs. 192,000,000;
- Representing various multinational tea companies in a constitutional reference relating to their right to property in respect of tea plucking machines;
- Representing various companies at the Competition Authority;
- Representing Oryx Energies in an environmental licensing dispute at the National Environment Tribunal and the High Court;
- Various advice and legal actions for protection of trademarks and patents including actions for infringement. Representing Unilever PLC & Unilever Kenya in a trademark infringement case in relation to its well known mark “LUX”, representing Safepark in several industrial design infringement appeals; jointly successfully defended Kartasi Limited in a patent infringement case;
- Currently acting as an arbitrator in various commercial disputes;
- Board member of the Nairobi Centre of International Arbitration.