- Law Society of Kenya
- East African Law Society.
- Institute of Certified Public Secretaries (Kenya).
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Certified Public Secretary (Kenya)
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- Moi University – LLB
Joseph advises clients on a wide range of corporate/commercial matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions, internal re-organisations, share and asset sales, joint venture arrangements, capital markets and due diligence assignments.
His client portfolio comprises primarily of local and international equity investors, local and international listed companies, insurance companies, telecommunication companies, energy companies and private equity funds.
- Acted for British American Investments Company (Kenya) Limited on its acquisition of Real Insurance Company Limited’s operations in Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique.
- Advised Safaricom Limited on its acquisition of Essar Telecom Kenya Limited’s entire shares and fiber optic capacity in The East African Marine System Limited (TEAMS).
- Acted for Safaricom Limited on its acquisition of IGO Limited and Instaconnect Limited.
- Acted for Safaricom Limited on its second phase acquisition of One Communications Limited.
- Advised Safaricom Limited on the additional issue and listing on the Nairobi Securities Exchange of 65,428,000 shares for purposes of its Employee Share Option Plan.
- Advised Gulf Power Limited in connection with the EURO 62,500,000 financing by International Finance Corporation, Standard Bank of South Africa and OPEC Fund for International Development for the building of a locally owned independent power plant.
- Advised British American Investments Company (Kenya) Limited on its Initial Public Offer of shares on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- Advised TEAMS on the upgrade of Kenya’s largest fibre optic network.
- Acted as local counsel to BCKP Limited (Red Kite Mine Finance Fund) with respect to its acquisition of Vaaldiam Mining Inc’s interests in Kenya.