- Law Society of Kenya
- Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
- Kenya School of Law: Bar Qualifying Examinations
- Nairobi University, Kenya: LLB
Julia Bahati Nyaga qualified as a Kenyan Advocate in 1978. After admission as a Kenyan advocate, she joined Kaplan & Stratton in 1978. Her work encompasses conveyancing work, particularly property acquisition/disposal, building contracts, property laws and property finance including mortgages and charges for local banks and financiers, landlord and tenant.
- Acting for I & M bank Limited – Preparation and registration of security documents.
- Acted for CFC Stanbic Bank Limited in the proposed loan from Stanlib Direct Property Investments to Centum Investment Company Limited – 2013
- Acted in the abortive acquisition of Kenol Kobil by Puma Energy – 2012
- Acted for Proparco in proposed financing of Ecobank Kenya Limited – 2010
- Acted for AfricaInvest Capital Partners in proposed acquisition of majority interest in Brookhouse Schools Limited – 2010
- Acted for Gulf Investments Limited – Potential acquisition of Brookhouse Schools Limited – 2009
- Acted for Commercial Intelligence International AG in proposed acquisition of a Debt – 2009
- Acted for Kenol Kobil Limited in connection with the acquisition of its related company Kobil Petroleum – 2007
- Acted for Wananchi On Line Limited in proposed acquisition of shares in Mitsuminet (K) Limited – 2007
- Acted for Krystalline Limited in proposed acquisition of shares in Mombasa Salt Works Limited – 2007
- Acting for CFC Stanbic Bank Limited – 2007 to date
- Acted for Triton Petroleum Company Limited in proposed acquisition of Shares in Petro Oil Kenya Limited – 2006
- Acted in Acquisition of First American Bank by CBA Nairobi – 2005
- Acted for CFC Bank – 2004
- Acting for Commercial Bank of Africa Limited – 2004 to dateActing for Barclays Bank of Kenya Limited – 1978 to date
- Acted for British American Insurance Company, Nairobi – 2002Acted in Acquisition of Assets from ABN-AMRO Bank N.V. by Citibank Nairobi – 2002Acted for France Telecom SA. – Privatisation of Telkom Kenya Limited.
- Acting for Individual clients – Sales, purchases and leases. Advising clients on consolidation of properties, change of user and extension of government leases.
- Served as a board member of the Kenya Forest Service Board of Management from 2007 to 2010.