- Law Society of Kenya
- International Bar Association
- Law Society of England & Wales – International Division
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Certified Patent Agent, Kenya Industrial Property Institute
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
- Advanced certifications in Intellectual Property Laws – WIPO Academy, Geneva
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- University of Nagpur – LLB
- University of Nagpur – BA Political Science
COUNTRIES IN WHICH PRACTICED
Mahesh advises clients on a wide range of corporate/commercial matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions, internal re-organisations, share and asset sales, joint venture arrangements, capital markets and due diligence assignments. Mahesh also practices intellectual property law with a bias in e-commerce, electronic payments and computer contracts.
His clients include Syngeta, Prudential Alliance, Safaricom, Samsung, PesaPoint, Kenya Airways, Serena Hotels, FMO, L’Oreal, IFC and several local and multi-national corporate clients in finance, telecommunications and investment sectors and private equity funds.
- Advised Norfund and Norfinance on their USD 220 million acquisition of a minority interest in Equity Bank Limited
- Advised Diageo and East African Breweries Limited on their disposal of Central Glass Industries
- Advised Brookside Dairies and Danone on their acquisition of Uganda’s largest milk processing plant.
- Advised AfricInvest and a consortium of investors on their exit from Brookhouse Schools.
- Advised the Paynet Group on its sale to Nigeria’s Interswitch Limited
- Advised Prudential plc on its acquisition of Shield Assurance Limited becoming the only 100% foreign owned insurer in Kenya
- Advised Syngenta Foundation on its social enterprise project (Kilimo Salama) – East Africa’s largest weather risk based insurance surveyor
- Advised Nairobi Women’s Hospital on a multi-million USD investment by Swedfund and Abraj Capital
- Acted for L’Oreal on its multi-million USD acquisition of one of Kenya’s largest consumer cosmetics manufacturer
- Acted for NSE listed Serena Hotels on a multi-million USD acquisition of the Kampala Serena Hotel
- Advised Norfund, FMO and AfricInvest on a multimillion shilling exit from Family Bank
- Advising IFC on its multi-million USD investment in Gulf African Bank
- Acted for Serena Hotels on a USD 40 million acquisition of the Movenpick Royal Palms Hotel in Tanzania
- Acted for Aramex on the acquisition of One World International Couriers and and a local loop courier operating company
- Acted for Australian listed Base Iron Limited on its acquisition of Kenya’s largest titanium, ilmenite, rutile and zircon mineral excavation project from TSX-listed Vaaldiam Mining (previously Tiomin Resources)
- Advised a consortium of investors on a multimillion shilling investment in Family Bank
- Advised Serena Hotels (NSE listed) on a multimillion shilling rights issue and the acquisition of four operating safari properties in Tanzania