- Law Society of Kenya
- Certified Public Secretary, Kenya
- Law Society of Kenya,
- Barrister at Law, Grays Inn, London
- Kenya School of Law Qualifying Examinations
- Bar School Examinations, Grays Inn, England
- Leicester University, Leicester, England: LLB
- Bradfield College, Bradfield, Berkshire, England
Nigel Shaw qualified as a Kenyan Advocate and English Barrister-at-law. In 1989 he joined Kaplan & Stratton as a trainee advocate and then stayed on in full time employment with the firm from 1990 and currently is the head of the commercial department. His work encompasses commercial and private client work, particularly mining, energy projects, real estate development, employment and immigration matters. He has been extensively involved in property estate development work for commercial and residential properties.
- Sangare Limited: Housing and Conservation project
- AGIL Geothermal Project
- VTTI Kenya: Oil Storage terminal in Mombasa Interconnection agreement with KPC
- Olkaria 3 geothermal expansion project, 2011 Advisors to independent power project
- Acquisition of oil terminal in Mombasa; 2010 Acquisition of oil terminal from receivers
- Base Iron; Titanium project; Kwale, Kenya; 2010 Acquisition of titanium mining licences and associated assets.
- Rabai Power Project: 80-90 mega watts electrical power project at Rabai, Mombasa, 2007-2009 Advising the promoters of the project.
- Olkaria 3 geothermal project; advising the sponsor OrPower 4; 1997-2009 Advisers to independent power producer
- Olkaria 2 geothermal project; advising financiers; 2009 ongoing Advisers to project financiers
- Hardy Manor 2007-2008 High quality housing development
- Farm Project 2007 Advising extensively on many aspects of a large farm re-organisation including sale of land, change to a conservancy, setting up of various projects including leases of lodge and tented camp sites
- Bio-Fuels Project 2007 Advising in connection with new leases and titles for large bio-fuel project in coastal region.
- Project Sangare, 2007 Advising in connection with high class residential conservation project
- Project Turiga, 2006 Purchase of Hotel / Lodge in Nairobi
- Project Sabuk , 2005 Purchase of large scale ranch in Northern Kenya through share purchase in local company.
- Kikabi Homes Limited, 2004 – Housing project in Khartoum, Sudan for 8,000 medium and high class houses
- The Junction Limited; Kenya; 2004 – Consolidation of title; change of user on title; lease documentation of approximately 25 units in a new shopping mall on outskirts of Nairobi
- Vipingo Beach Limited, Kenya; 2001 – Establishment of high class residential housing estate; subdivision of title; company structuring; sale contracts; title and share transfer documentation
- Dominion Farms Limited; Kenya; 2003-2004 Establishment of a farm for a US investor; incorporation of company; high level talks with Ministers; contracts and all lease documentation
- Nairobi Business Park Limited; Kenya; 2002-2004 Development of first business park in Nairobi, Kenya; lease documentation of approximately 20 office units
- CFC Bank Limited; Kenya; 2004 Due diligence review of the security portfolio
- KPMG Peat Marwick; Government of Kenya; 1999 Review of Government contracts for unfinished projects and tendering procedures
- REA Vipingo Plantations Limited; Kenya, 1995 Restructuring of the Kenya and Tanzania sisal interests of REA Holdings plc and Albers & Co. and the floatation of REA Vipingo Plantations Limited on the Nairobi Stock Exchange
- Esso Kenya Limited; Kenya; 1995 Company structuring and lease documentation for a multi-storey shopping centre and office block in Nairobi
- Capitol Hill Towers Limited; Kenya; 1994-1995 Company structuring and lease documentation for a multi-storey office block in centre of Nairobi
- Agricultural Finance Corporation; Deloitte Haskins & Sells; Kenya, 1990 Due diligence review of the security portfolio
- Establishing tourist operations with all environmental considerations
- Employment contracts for all levels of employees for corporate clients
- Sitting on a Law Society Land Law committee for two years (2002/2003) advising on land law issues and making recommendations to change the land laws in Kenya
- Specialist immigration advisory work
- Conveyancing for sale and purchase, leasing, subdividing, mortgaging of all types of properties throughout Kenya
- Reviewing recommendations for proposed new mining legislation
- Member of the Advocate Benevolent Association Board.