- Law Society of Kenya
- Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya,
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Fellow),
- Kenya Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ).
- Accredited Mediator –Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya
- International Bar Association
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- Bombay University (India) Bachelor of Laws.
- Punjab University (India) Bachelor of Arts ACCOLADES
Peter Mbuthia Gachuhi was admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in 1990. He is a Notary Public and a Commissioner of Oaths. His main area of practice is civil litigation involving banking and related commercial transactions, tax law, constitutional and judicial (administrative) review matters, employment law, insurance, debt collection, competition law, he is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of the UK (Kenya Branch) and has handled complex disputes both as an arbitrator and counsel, he is an accredited mediator he also handles libel, construction disputes, land disputes, industrial accident, medical negligence and procurement contract claims. Peter further handles matters in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, the High Court, subordinate courts; Statutory tribunal’s including the Procurement Board and the Industrial Court.
- Successfully prosecuted an appeal on local courts jurisdiction in an international arbitration.
- Successfully obtained a judgment that involved an aircraft accident in which the court for the first time interpreted the provisions of section 14 of the Kenya Civil Aviation Act,
- Successfully obtained a precedent setting ruling from the Supreme Court in a class action Suit.
- Successfully defended in the Court of Appeal a paternity suit by reliance on DNA evidence in succession proceedings.
- Defending a telecom operator in a Kshs.100,000,000 tax claim.
- Advising a UK Law Firm on Kenya Insurance Law.
- Successfully defended a listed company in a public offer sale dispute.
- Successfully defended a listed company before the Competition Authority of Kenya.
- Provided technical support to the religious leaders’ panel that greatly assisted in resolving the 100 day old industrial strike between the Kenya Doctors Union and the Government.
- Successfully obtained a precedent setting decision on Employment Law from the Court of Appeal on redundancy notices.