- Law Society of Kenya
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA);
- Institute of Trademark Attorneys (ITMA) (Overseas Member)
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- Leeds University, England, B. Com
Peter Hime qualified as a Kenyan Advocate in 1970 and joined Kaplan & Stratton in the same year. His work encompasses intellectual property and general commercial law. He heads the firm’s intellectual property department. His wide experience includes the law relating to trade marks, copyright, patents, industrial designs, anti-counterfeit law; aircraft leasing and financing; the registration and de-registration of aircraft; distributorship agency and other related commercial arrangements; intellectual property and technical know-how licensing and transfer agreements, franchise agreements, computer software and hardware supply, installation and maintenance contracts.
- Trade mark, patent, copyright and industrial design registration, licensing agreements and assignment agreements
- Technical know-how, licensing and management agreements
- Advising overseas aircraft leasing companies and overseas banks on aircraft leases, registration of aircraft mortgages, registration and de-registration aircraft in Kenya, realisation of securities and repossession of leased aircraft and Kenya tax provisions applicable to aircraft and equipment leases, drafting aircraft leases for local companies, drafting aircraft mortgages for local banks
- Advised on trade name, trade mark, copyright and know how, licensing agreements, and drafted franchising agreements
- Distribution, stockists and manufacturing agreements
- Transportation agreements
- Contributor to Kenya chapters and regular updates on Kenya trade mark law, assignment and licensing requirements to two publications of the International Trade Mark Association in USA
- Advising clients on anti-counterfeiting law in Kenya and remedies available.