- Law Society of Kenya
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- Moi University: LL.B Honours
Ruth is a partner in the Corporate/Commercial department. She advises clients on a wide range of corporate/commercial matters ranging from conducting legal due diligences and forensics; advising and preparing documentation for mergers, joint ventures and acquisitions; loan financing arrangements; capital markets; advising on property development and management; drafting and reviewing commercial agreements and advising and assisting clients with business establishment in Kenya. Ruth’s client portfolio comprises primarily of local and international banks and, developmental financial institutions, local and international corporate clients, property developers and foreign investors looking to establish a business presence in Kenya.
- Acted as lead associate in the further financing of large flower growing concern
- Acted as lead associate in Financing of Kenya Airways; African Export-Import Bank as mandated lead arranger.
- Acted for L’Oreal SA (the world’s largest beauty products manufacturer) on a multi-billion Shilling acquisition of InterConsumer Products Limited’s health and beauty business.
- Acted in the financing of General Printers Limited in a USD 4 million term loan facility. Project finance, structuring securities and intercreditor arrangements.
- Acted in the financing of Kevian Kenya Limited in a USD 7,500,000 term loan facility. Project finance and securities.
- Financing of a company providing solar-powered residential charging systems; Acumen Fund Inc., Lundin Foundation; USD 2 million term loan facility. Structuring security over M-Pesa accounts
- Acted in the financing of The Company for Habitat and Housing in Africa, “SHELTER-AFRIQUE”; CfC Stanbic Bank Limited, 2011 in the Issue of Shs.3,000,000,000 medium term note programme on the Nairobi Stock Exchange.