- Law Society of Kenya
- Advocate – High court of Kenya
- Kenya School of Law – Bar Qualifying Examinations
- University of Manchester, UK – LLM in International Financial Services Law
- University of Leeds, UK – LLB Honours
- International Employment Newsletter (Taylor Vinters) May 2016 – KENYA: The Evolution of Redundancy Laws
- International Company and Commercial Law Review (Sweet & Maxwell UK) 2006 Volume 17 Issue 11 – At crossroads: Shareholder value, stakeholder value and enlightened shareholder value. Which road should the United Kingdom take?
- International Company and Commercial Law Review (Sweet & Maxwell UK) 2007 Volume 18 Issue 1 Non-Executive Directors in UK listed companies: Are they effective?
Sarah was admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in 2008. Her work encompasses advising and assisting clients with business establishment in Kenya; advising and preparing documentation for mergers, joint ventures and acquisitions both for local and international clients; conducting legal due diligences and forensics; advising on property development and management; drafting and reviewing an extensive range of commercial agreements and advising on employment matters especially transfer of employees, redundancies and employee leasing.
Sarah’s client portfolio comprises primarily of local and international corporate clients, property developers and foreign investors looking to establish a business presence in Kenya.
- Advised Prudential plc on its acquisition of Shield Assurance Limited becoming the only 100% foreign owned insurer in Kenya.
- Advised Nairobi listed TPS Eastern Africa, Porparco, NorFund and the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) on the $40 million acquisition of Mövenpick Royal Palms Hotel – Dar-es-Salaam by Serena Group which was made through a Cayman Island SPV.
- Advised L’oreal East Africa on a multi million acquisition of the Health and Beauty business of Interconsumer Products.
- Acted for Aramex on the acquisition of One World International Couriers and a local loop courier operating company.
- Advised TPS Serena on a rights issue on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and an acquisition of four operating safari properties in Tanzania.
- Advised Norfund, FMO and AfricInvest on a multimillion shilling exit from Family Bank.
- Advised Woolworths on the acquisition of Deacons, one of the largest retail brands in Kenya.
- Corporate restructuring of the UAP Group of Companies in Kenya, Uganda and Sudan; the de-merger of life business from general business in UAP Insurance Company Limited and licensing of UAP Life Assurance Limited.
- Advising Puma Energy LLC on the proposed acquisition of KenolKobil Limited and conducting an extensive due diligence on the target.
- Joint venture between Kenya Airways and Stamina Group for the establishment of a 3,000 ton ultra modern cold storage facility at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Providing extensive advice on business set up in Kenya including registration of NGOs, incorporation of Kenyan subsidiaries and registration of branch offices in Kenya for various overseas corporations.