International & Crossborder Transactions
Our commercial lawyers have been involved in many international transactions, mainly within Africa. We have advised on share purchases, financings, joint ventures and capital markets transactions in Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Zambia, South Sudan, South Africa and so on. This includes advising on the majority of cross-listings by Kenyan companies on regional stock exchanges. Cross-border work has become a major part of our business.
- Acting for Multichoice Africa Limited with ISP subsidiaries in 11 African countries. Transactional advice including vendor’s due diligence. Deal value USD 63 million.
- We advised CDC Group plc on its exit from Cavally SA in Ivory Coast.
- Acted for Seaboard Corporation (USA) and NAS Group (Kenya) on Mauritius-based joint venture arrangements for Zambian businesses.
- Acted for Guinness UDV and East African Breweries on the re-alignment of the beer industry with South African Breweries International. This involved major cross-border restructuring, monopolies and capital markets regulatory compliance in Tanzania and Kenya.
- Acted as lead regional counsel on the sale of MWeb Africa to Telkom SA covering subsidiaries in 9 African jurisdictions (excluding SA).The transaction involved complex cross-border anti-trust and regional telecommunications law aspects.