Forensics and Due Diligence
Our due diligence practice spans from corporate due diligence to litigation and debt recovery due diligences. Our due diligence teams also provide general legal forensic services. Our M&A practice is heavily reliant on our due diligence teams be it in transactions involving joint ventures, strategic alliances, spin-offs, tender offers, distressed M&A and public-to-private transactions. Our due diligences not only identify legal risk but also provides the client remedial options.
- Acting in an ongoing due diligence for equity investors Lake Turkana Wind Power project.
- Conducted due diligence on behalf of prospective financiers for Kinangop Wind Park.
- Acted for Multichoice Africa Limited with ISP subsidiaries in 11 African countries in transactional advice including vendor’s due diligence.
- Safaricom Limited – Euro 25 million syndicated loan and KES 4 billion listed note issue – Due diligence for syndicate financiers.
- Acting for European venture funds looking to acquire non-performing debts from Kenyan banks.
- Conducted due diligence for party considering entering into Farm-in arrangements in relation to two offshore Blocks while advising on offshore drilling rights.
- Acquisition of packaging company by U.S.A. company – Due diligence; share purchase agreement and ancillary documentation
- Rift Valley Railways; due diligence for PME Infrastructure and PDL Toll – Rift Valley Railways; due diligence for PME Infrastructure and PDL Toll.
- Celtel Kenya Limited KES 6 billion syndicate loan. Due diligence for syndicate financiers.
- KenCell Communications Limited; sale by Vivendi – Assistance in legal audit for sale.